Only a limited number of people have access to your personal data:
- Project manager: Boris Schnider, in charge of the development and maintenance of UniLectin
- Project leaders: Dr. Frédérique Lisacek, Group Leader at the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics and University of Geneva, & Dr. Anne Imberty, Director of research at CERMAV-CNRS Grenoble
Please use UniLectin's contact form to reach either of these people.
Processing data lawful basis
We process your personal data as part of our legitimate interests in delivering services to you, enhancing our resources, and ensuring the smooth operation of UniLectin and its infrastructure on a daily basis.
Collected data usage
The following personal data are collected from the services:
- IP address
- Country and city
- Email address (only if provided via the contact form)
- Date and time of a visit to the service
- Operating system
- Amount of data transmitted
The data controller will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide the user access to the service
- To answer questions from users
- To better understand the needs of the users and guide future improvements of the service
- To create anonymous usage statistics
- To conduct and monitor data protection activities
- To conduct and monitor security activities
Collected data storage
We store your personal data internally and ensure that they are not shared with any third parties or transferred to other countries. In the event that IP addresses are required, they are either removed from log files or anonymized before storage.
No personal data is transferred to international organizations beyond the scope of UniLectin.
For the purpose of enhancing our website's performance and user experience, UniLectin utilizes Matomo as a third-party analytics service. This enables us to collect data on the website usage and navigation patterns without tracking individual users or gathering personal information. The personal data obtained with Matomo is stored locally and is not shared with Matomo or any web analytic tool.
Your personal data will be retained for the duration of the service, even if you stop using the service. We store personal data for the shortest period to comply with legal requirements and facilitate internal and external audits, if necessary.
The user is advised that this portal may store cookies on her/his/its computer's hard drive to collect information regarding her/his/its visits.
Cookies serve the purpose of identifying the user and facilitating a personalized experience on this portal by retaining specific parameters. They are utilized to gather data on page visits and the corresponding date and time.
Your personal data rights
You have the right to:
- Not be subject to decisions based solely on an automated processing of data (i.e. without human intervention) without considering your views.
- Request at reasonable intervals and without excessive delay or expense, information about your personal data processing.
- Request information to understand data processing activities and their implications when applied to you.
- Object to the processing of your personal data at any time unless we can demonstrate that we have legitimate reasons to continue processing it.
- Request rectification or erasure of your personal data free of charge and without undue delay, if we have not complied with the data protection policies of the respective controllers.
Requests and objections can be submitted via our contact form. It is important to note that the last two rights are applicable only when the processing of your personal data is not necessary to comply with a legal obligation, perform a task in the public interest, exercise authority as a data controller, archive data for public interest, historical research or statistical purposes, establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.